I’m a real estate professional, a public speaker, Vice President of Teen Court (an at-risk youth program), and a mentor to local female entrepreneurs.
People from across the world come to me to buy and sell property here in Sarasota, and it’s been my pleasure and privilege to help guide them step by step through the process of finding their dream home.
This website is a place where you can contact me to help you find your perfect place in the sun, read a little more about what I’ve been up to and see where and when I’ll be speaking next.
Named “Simply One of the Best of the Best…”
Sarasota Herald Tribune, 2017
I’m fortunate to live and work in one of the most beautiful places in the world.
Between the white sands of Siesta Key, the enormous variety of delicious dining options, and cultural attractions ranging from the Ringling Museum to the Opera and beyond, Sarasota sells itself.
It’s easy to see why it’s remained such an incredibly popular destination for people looking to escape the snow and own a little piece of paradise.
More and more people from across the globe are catching on. I should know, because I’ve helped sell them their dream homes. Let me help you find your own.
Here are some other things you should know about me…
- REALTOR® and Owner McBrayer Group at Keller Williams – Having lived in Sarasota for over 20 years, Katy is an in-touch local. She and her small team of professional real estate agents, have a passion for finding homes for people and sharing their love for this city and its community.
- In the Top 2% of Agents in Sarasota-Manatee – With her expertise and contagious enthusiasm in the Sarasota-Manatee area, she’s reached over $20 million in sales last year. Katy continues to gain and keep the trust and respect of new customers, numerous repeat clients, and her fellow agents in the real estate profession.
- Vice President of Teen Court of Sarasota, Inc. & Active Volunteer – Katy supports a non-profit changing the lives of at risk youth through her successful fundraising efforts and with her devoted time and attention.
- 2018 SRQ Magazine Women in Business Winner and Mentor – She coaches business women in the Sarasota area to help them map out and reach their full potential.
- Motivational Speaker – She encourages individuals to share their unique challenges as a path to personal growth and community support.
Giving back to this community which has given me so much is very important for me.
Speaking about my experiences as a teen has become one more way in which I can contribute.
Listening to people open up about the challenges they’ve faced, the obstacles they’ve overcome and the lessons they’ve learned along the way has always inspired me.
In fact, it’s changed my life.
Teen Court of Sarasota was one such place where those stories were shared.
The program saved my life as a troubled teen. While most believe that Teen Court is a government organization, they are incorrect. It’s a non-profit that (by referral) is able to help troubled teens get on the right path without going through the system or having a record.
A record can prevent children from getting scholarships, tends to make children think of themselves as delinquents and prevents them from moving forward in the world.
Teen Court takes the time to find out, on an individual basis, what is going on with the child that is taking them off course.
We have their peers in similar situations help decide the steps to right the wrong in a realistic, court-like situation with a real judge that donates their time. Peer circles, court sessions, counseling and a healthy living camp are sometimes involved. We can also recommend family counseling and try to help the family with whatever it is that they may need to get the child – or family – back on track.
As a personal alumni of this program, I can say it is worth every minute and every dollar. Teen Court is a key to making the city of Sarasota an even better place by starting with the youth and boosting them up to be the best they can be.